Home            Contact Us          KenCo News Staff          Weather Updates          Jobs                  

Church News          Education News

House Fire on 2nd Street in Central City 


KENTUCKY (06/12/15) – On Friday, June 12, 2015, at around 3:30 PM, various local first responders were dispatched to the scene of a home with smoke coming from the roof.

Once on the scene, Firefighters found the home, located at 719 2nd Street at the intersection of 2nd and Whitmer Street, to be actually on fire. Central City firefighters immediately began battling the fire and had it extinguished within moments.

KenCo News spoke with Central City Fire Chief Rick King regarding the incident.

“The fire appears to have started in the kitchen area,” said Chief King. “At this time, I believe this fire was accidental, however, we have called in the State Fire Marshall, who will be here on Monday, to verify.”

Chief King stated that there was no one at home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.

Damage to the kitchen area appeared to be considerable.

KenCo News will keep you updated as new details are released in this case.

The Central City Fire Department was assisted on the scene by the Greenville Fire Department and Central City Police Department. EMS and Kentucky Utilities were also on the scene.

J.L. Graham
KenCo News
www.kycountynews.com